A controversial and costly decision in a Champions League match between Milan-Barcelona has left both clubs with no regrets.
It was a bizarre decision by the two clubs to use a penalty shootout to decide the Champions League final between Milan and Barcelona, as well as a controversial move by the Spanish FA to revoke the player’s right to play for the club he left behind.
The match between the two Italian giants at the San Siro Stadium ended 0-0 as the first leg went to penalties after a last-gasp 1-1 draw in which the hosts took the lead through Andrea Pirlo.
After a long and frustrating night in which Milan missed their chance to win the competition, the referee, Jorge Guterres, awarded the match to the home side in the 72nd minute.
In the 72-minute period, Milan scored twice in the penalty shootout as they scored the winning goal and drew the second.
It wasn’t the only controversial decision of the match.
In fact, it was the first time that the Italian FA had ever used penalties in a major European competition.
The decision was made at a meeting of the European Rugby Union (ERCU) committee in Paris on Monday.
It is not yet clear if Guterre will appeal the decision.
It is likely that the European Court of Human Rights will take up the case.
A Milan spokesman said the decision was not a surprise and there had been a lot of discussions between the clubs about the consequences.
The Italian FA said it was surprised by the decision, and that it had been working to find a solution that would allow the match, which is considered the most prestigious of all domestic tournaments, to continue.
It will also be the last major Champions League tournament played in Italy without Guterrez and it is possible that he will be replaced by an alternative referee.
The move was welcomed by many supporters of both clubs, but the decision drew criticism from the governing body, UEFA.
The ERCU is the governing bodies for football and rugby in Europe.